2 minute read
We did the hard work for you & found the best irrigation blogs on the web. Keep reading and get ready to add these to your favorites!
- Agriculture and Natural Resource Needs - A resource from the University of California, they cover many areas of the agriculture industry. If you grow alfalfa, pay special attention to this post: Flooding alfalfa fields has high potential for groundwater recharge.
- Valley's Irrigation Education Blog - Center pivot irrigation systems are complicated. This blog has a lot of great information to help you better understand your system and details about up-and-coming technologies and mobile apps. Wondering about irrigation best practices for crops you grow? Check out their irrigation management articles on sugar beets, corn, and soybeans.
- University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences - This blog is so comprehensive! It covers everything from livestock to fruits and vegetables. The Mission of UF/IFAS is to develop knowledge in agricultural, human and natural resources and to make that knowledge accessible to sustain and enhance the quality of human life.
- Spectrum Blog: If Plants Count Talk - A great blog with information about how to optimize your plants’ health. Savvy growers should check out the post about how to optimize the salinity of the soil through offering suggestive monitoring techniques.
- UGA Extension Water Blog - University of Georgia Extension publications are written by faculty to offer unbiased, research-based information to the public. On top of great articles educating folks on water conservation, you can stay current on other issues like water quality, as well.
- Farm Equipment's Latest News - The Farm Equipment’s “Latest News” section is a great resource for ag equipment news from how much trade value your equipment has to a list of upcoming ag events. See also a very enticing post that asks the question, “Ahead of the curve: putting a price on soil erosion?”